My Photo
Name:
Location: Logan, Ohio, United States

I am a working Mom who loves to talk about my family and tell about the fun times we have!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Thank goodness for ski lessons!

We went on our first overnight ski/tubing adventure on Fri and Sat and had so much fun. We went to Winterplace Ski resort in Beckley WV. We initially wanted to take a little family trip for the weekend and thought tubing sounded fun. Then I heard about this nice place that offered ski lessons with a ski/tubing package all day for beginners. Ian and I have never been skiing but I thought how hard could skiing be????

After we got all suited up we had an hour before lessons so we thought we would go to a beginner hill and just try it out. Well.....we never made it to the first hill. We never actually made it too far out into the snow. We spent the first hour trying to stand up and take steps. If only I had pictures of us trying to stay up......I saw Ian fall (like his feet were taken right out from under him) and it makes me laugh everytime I think about it because he never falls.....he's like a cat! Me, on the other hand, falls all the time so it was nothing unexpected!

I asked some cool snowboarders to take our picture (in order for us to be standing during the picture we had to hold our ski's)

So then it was time for the 90 minute lesson. The picture below is the kids coach - Greg. He was so patient and I am glad the kids had him as their instructor. They learned alot.

Ian and I went with another coach. Can't say I have a picture of him......the least thing I was thinking about was the camera around my neck for the next 90 minutes. I fell, and I fell alot! I am SO glad I had the camera.....not Ian :) Luckily the kids would ski by with their instructor and wave and Ian always waited for me when I fell behind our group - which was the whole time. After the lessons the kids were so proud......


We went on some beginner slopes together and of course the kids loved the lifts. Here is Ian and Connor in front of us on a lift.

The kids also loved the carpet lifts on the kiddy slopes (aka - Angie's slopes)

One final picture of all of us with our ski's on and standing up - YIPPEE! (notice my crooked legs/skis......I truely have no coordination!)

Off to the tubing park we go! It was a blast and effortless which was AWESOME after the day we had learning to ski. The tubing lifts (or super carpet) took us up everytime and it wasn't very busy. This is a picture of Connor (left) Ali (center) and Ian (right) racing down the tube lanes..


We hope to make this winter trip every year.......it was great!

2 Comments:

Blogger Grandma Joy said...

The trip had to be a hoot... JimBo & I would love a trip like that. I would get pictures of everyone rolling around on the ground, trying to catch their ski. In the picture of everyone standing up right, you were the one standing correctly, with toes pointed... Love your Blog..

February 16, 2009 at 10:42 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Looks like a blast ... loved all the pics.

I got your msg, I'll try to give you a call back this weekend. Sorry I'm so difficult to get ahold of!!!

February 21, 2009 at 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home